Types of Hardwood Flooring Finishes
If you’re a first time homeowner or renovating/refinishing your home currently you may be considering ways in which you can improve the look of your home. The versatility of hardwood can make this easier once the right choices are made. Finishes are very crucial to overall look of your floors and how durable they can be from gloss to matte finishes you have a wide range to choose from. Explore your choices! Go for a Scandinavian cozy, French provincial or contemporary look or create your own ambience by combining ideas from the catalogue we have.
There are a plethora of hardwoods to choose from however with our vast background in flooring the hardwoods we would recommend that are more compatible with the various finishes are Demerara Oak, Jatoba and Ipe.
What are finishes?
If you’re a fist time homeowner you may be wondering what are finishes?
A finish is a top coat that gives the hardwood its colour and luster. There are a plehtora of coats that can be applied. Some of the popular finishes are:
- Hard wax oil finish- This gives a low sheen finish on your hardwood floors, once classified as the premier choice of finishes for centuries. The Hard wax is highly intensive in its application process however it dries faster than other options.
- Polyurethane finish- A common top coat used in Guyanese households, polyurethane dries quickly and gives a clear glossy look however there are semi-gloss and satin versions to choose from. This finish is highly preferred due to its low maintenance because of its water resistant properties.
- Paint finishes-if you would like to go for a different approach you can paint your hardwood floors with oil based or latex floor paint.
- Shellac- An ecofriendly option that is centuries old, shellac has rapid drying properties with a high- gloss orange
- Penetrating Oil Sealer- This finish is preferred by homeowners who prefer an ancient touch to their home since this light coat bring out the woods’ grains and depth without the high-gloss sheen that the other options would provide.
- Acid Cure finish- This is a top tier option for your hardwood floors usually preferred for complex designs that would be main attractions in the room. It is highly resilient and also highlights the grain and depths of the hardwood.
Why Choose us?
Now that you’re aware of the various options available it may still be a task to decide which finishes would mirror your design ideas. Don’t worry, floor it Guyana includes in its overall customer experience, accompanying clients through the process of beautifying your home. Simply visit the showroom where you meet our highly qualified and NWFA certified staff that will take you through your journey about learning more about the hardwoods and which finishes will work well to achieve your overall design. Additionally we render the ideas so that you can see first hand what to expect.
Also, it must be noted that we use low-VOC substances and dustless machinery in our services to ensure the safety of everyone around us. Our knowledge of hardwood maintenance and installation expands across the Caribbean and in North America. For more information contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on any social platform @flooritgy to begin your transformation.
For more information on the various species read our article ‘5 Wood wonders that will transform your home/office‘: or visit our hardwoods website: https://cwpgy.com/
April 7, 2021
December 22, 2020